ACR are working in conjunction with a rapidly expanding house builder who due to continued growth have opened a new and successful region in Essex. As part of the company’s strategic plan for continued long term growth, they are looking to recruit an ambitious Technical Coordinator to join their skilled, close knit technical team. Due to this, there is lots of opportunity for someone to progress as the company grows and work on new and exciting projects.
- Management of the external design team and specialists’ consultants to ensure that all construction documents are provided within the agreed development programme and budget.
- Arrange, co-ordinate and manage all DTM meetings with other departments in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring all relevant action points are noted and recorded.
- Review and scrutinise design drawings, specifications and details for compliance, buildability, added value options throughout all stages of the design process. Distribute project specifications.
- Receive, co-ordinate and check specialist subcontractor and supplier information.
- Attend specialist supplier and subcontract meetings as required.
- Manage the distribution of preliminary, construction and as-built information internally with the Technical Administrator (where applicable), addressing department feedback, and producing a high quality, fully co-ordinated design package.
- Ensure Building Regulations and Warranty conditions are cleared without delay to the project and without risk to the business.
- Manage enquiries and applications to statutory Service Companies and Local Authorities.
- Resolve design and building problems, contacting relevant personnel and consultants as appropriate.
- Attend and report at monthly site project or site review meetings if required.
- Liaise with Planning, Commercial, Health & Safety and Sales Departments.
- Provide site support and manage responses to technical queries.
- Preparation and checking of brochure plans.
- Assist in the preparation of Operations and Maintenance manuals incorporating a Health and Safety File for hand over to Management Company and/or Housing Association.
- Comply with Company contracts, regulations, and administration systems in force at the time.
- Keep up to date with correct building products and techniques, current building regulations and relevant supplementary legislation that may impact the performance of the required duties.
Ideal candidate must have:
- Degree/HND/HNC in Engineering, Architectural Technology or similar Construction related.
- Good working knowledge of CAD; Ability to undertake design in house as required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar programming software.
- Ability to problem solve and resolve issues effectively.
- All-round appreciation of the legal process in construction.
- Be able to create an environment to drive engagement.
- Drive effective collaborative relationships with colleagues in other departments.
- Attend and participate in regular team meetings; confidence in chairing design team meetings is beneficial.
- Promote engagement and collaboration across own projects.
Benefits of the role:
- Lots of progressive opportunities
- Competitive salary plus bonus scheme
- Opportunities to develop your career further
- Company car/car allowance
If you would like to register your interest, please get in contact with Maisie at ACR on 07852579150.