ACR are recruiting for a very well respected, privately owned developer based in Stansted who are seeking a Technical Coordinator to join their skilled, talented technical team. This company not only builds high spec developments but also has a genuine passion to viably conserve, restore and newly create Britain’s architectural heritage.
Summary/Purpose of Job:
- To manage all technical and production information aspects of a project from site purchase to construction completion and hand over to sales.
- To create, deliver and continually improve the performance of the Technical Department in order to achieve or exceed the Departmental and Corporate Objectives.
- To work with all relevant teams to help deliver a high quality, best value product which meets or exceeds Departmental and Corporate Objectives.
- To deliver projects that enhances and maintains the high reputation of the company.
Job Specific Key Tasks/Responsibilities:
- To appoint and manage consultants and to manage allocated projects.
- To provide technical advice on schemes being considered for purchase and prepared for planning applications.
- To create high quality production information that makes the most of a buildings potential, and to work with the Interior Designers and Sales & Marketing department to ensure the layouts are well planned and functional.
- To attend site and review the progress, quality and costs.
- To ensure compliance with the designer and client CDM responsibilities.
- To provide technical advice in relation to utility services and drainage, and update meter port schedule information.
- To arrange for postal addresses and postcodes
- To respond to RFIs by the timely issue of CVIs.
- To arrange and manage Building Control approval.
- To manage compliance with other bodies such as LABC, Eco Homes etc.
- To arrange and provide information for inclusion in H&S and O&M manuals including as built information
- To arrange for information to be provided to Sales and Solicitors prior to Sales release includes postal addresses, conveyance plans, EPCs, CML Certificates & Building Regulation completion certificates, and amending sales plans.
- To check and comment on Consultants information.
- To ensure specialist sub-contractor/supplier information is checked.
- To ensure the department maintains key information schedules and documents to aid performance and communication.
- To act as Temporary Works Coordinator
- Attend site meetings and taking minutes as appropriate.
- Pursue consultants for timely issue of information to enable programmes to be adhered to.
- Attend sites to carry out measured and photographic surveys as required to assist production of information.
- To produce regular information & reports in line with Group requirements that allows project performance to be assessed. Information and reports will accurately forecast project progress in terms of programme, costs, and quality.
- To ensure work accords with Group Practices, systems and procedures (Roles and Responsibilities) and complies with legislation including in particular Health & Safety.
- Work with and fully co-operate with all other departments in order to achieve the Group objectives Provide general technical and administrative support for the department as workload allows.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience within the construction industry sector.
- Recent experience of working for an architect, developer, contractor or construction professional in an office environment.
- To have a sound understanding and appreciation of the importance of Health & Safety, including a thorough understanding of CDM, Temporary Works & Pre-Construction Health and Safety Files.
Essential Skills/Competencies/Qualifications Required:
- ONC/OND & HNC/HND in Building Studies or similar, or a degree in Architectural Technology or a degree in Architecture (Part 1), or a structural, civil or building surveying degree.
- Proven computer skills (AutoCAD, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Awareness of the Town & Country Planning system
- Knowledge of the Building Regulations.
- Awareness of the statutory Health & Safety requirements.
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- Good organisational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, willing and conscientious
- Ability to prioritise activities.
- Technically orientated person with a high attention to detail.
- A willingness to work within a team and an ability to work alone.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, be proactive, resourceful and confident.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Clean driving license
If you would like to register your interest, please contact Maisie on 07852579150.