Senior Site Manager
Our client are a FTSE 250 house builder, which operates 22 trading divisions across England, Scotland and Wales. The company has grown from a family firm, established more than 70 years ago, into a respected national brand, selling over ten thousand homes a year.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the North Home Counties Division as a Senior Site Manager on a new flagship RC Frame site in Bishops Stortford.
The role of Senior Site Manager, reports to the Construction Manager and is responsible for managing all aspects of a construction development site, ensuring the provision of safe, efficient and cost effective works at all times, while maintaining the highest quality of work and customer service are delivered within the given timescales.
Principle accountabilities of the role include:
- Manage the day to day running of the development and provide clear direction to those working on the construction site regarding their responsibilities and targets.
- Manage and implement health and safety procedures, working closely with Health and Safety Managers and ensure that that all aspects of health and safety are followed and adhered too.
- Motivate, support and manage directly employed site staff, providing toolbox talks, training, coaching, and support as required to improve performance.
- Ensure site presentation is maintained at the correct standard at all times.
- Deliver all aspects of production requirements in strict accordance with relevant technical and planning documentation provided and any subsequent instructions that may be necessary from time to time.
- Fully conform to building regulations and warranty providers’ requirements (NHBC, LABC Services).
- Ensure accurate production/progress returns are updated and sent to the Construction Manager and/or Construction Director as requested.
- Ensure that adequate site records are maintained including but not limited to Site Managers reports, labour requirements, plant, materials, site inductions and health and safety records.
- Thoroughly inspect and ensure any remedial work is completed in advance of each NHBC key stage inspection
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working as an no1 or Site Manager with a high volume residential house builder.
- Managing RC frame projects
- Experience of effectively managing teams
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety and building legislation.
Qualifications and Training
- GCSE Maths and English – Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Valid CSCS card at Site Manager level (or equivalent).
- Valid SMSTS certificate
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Construction Management – HNC Level 4, HND Level 5 or NVQ Level 6 is desirable
- Valid Scaffold Appreciation certificate is desirable
- Valid LOLER certificate is desirable
Skills and Aptitude
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Good administration skills
- Works effectively to deadlines and competently works on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Proficient IT skills along with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
In return they can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Company car or car allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance