Senior Quantity Surveyor
ACR have registered a fantastic opportunity with one of the largest privately owned house builder based in Bury St Edmunds.
Our client are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their skilled department of surveyors to work on projects based across Essex, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
- Preparing full enquiry packs and collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued, return tenders are analysed and compliant bids received.
- Preparing tender comparison sheets, including making recommendations for placing sub-contract orders and negotiation with sub-contractors to ensure full compliance with specification and best practice.
- Liaising with the Design & Technical Department to prepare full enquiry packs for the tendering of utilities to ensure the most cost effective solution for the site.
- Overseeing Surveyors in producing groundwork and roads and sewers tenders and tender analysis to ensure full compliance with drawings and specification.
- Preparing detailed breakdowns of build costs including infrastructure costings and include within New Site Start Appraisal (NSSA).
- Ensuring new sub-contractors are on the SMAS database and that the certification is up to date.
- Carrying out drawing take-offs and producing labour only rates in liaison with the Commercial Manager and Construction Department including maintaining the database and distributing information.
- Liaising with the Design & Technical and Construction Departments to ensure correct materials are procured in the required time frames that are both cost effective and aesthetically correct.
- Preparing Material Schedules as required ensuring regional targets for production are maintained.
- Updating/producing SWMP and Carriers Matrix including updating Licence Numbers and expiry dates and issue to site as necessary.
- Registering sites for Hazardous Waste Premise Code and CLAIR as necessary and liaise with Commercial Manager/Director and Construction Department.
- Ensuring sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed, checked and interim payments are prepared for approval in line with Authorisation Levels and Commercial Procedures, including keeping payment record sheets up to date, highlighting any claims for additional works outside of the budget estimate summary and settling all final accounts expediently after works are complete.
- Assisting the Commercial Manager as required in updating regional cost database.
- Liaising with the Design & Technical and Construction Departments on the invoicing of BT rebates.
- Liaising with Construction/Sales and Head Office to ensure the timely introduction of phone lines etc.
- Regularly attending sites, a minimum of twice a month, to provide assistance and support to site staff, including meetings with sub-contractors as required.
The ideal candidate MUST have:
- Must hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
- Experience of building construction in a quantity surveying role.
- A degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Experience of building construction in a quantity surveying or project managing role.
- Good negotiating skills with excellent time management skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Company Car, iPhone and Laptop
- Bupa Health Care cover.
- 20% bonus scheme.
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme.
- 33 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Group Staff Discount at Triumph Motorcycles ltd.
- Competitive discount on our homes (dependent upon the property and location).