ACR have registered an outstanding opportunity with a rapidly expanding house builder to join their brand new and exciting region in Essex.
As part of the company’s strategic plan for continued long-term growth, the new Eastern division will deliver around 500 homes a year in a prime commuter belt housing market.
The Quantity Surveyor position is to be based in their Eastern Office in Braintree in a pivotal role within their closely-knit commercial team working on exciting residential projects in the East Anglia area reporting directly into our Head of Commercial.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- General project coordination and administration.
- Preparation of initial site budgets.
- Liaison, co-ordination with other departments regarding development works including engineers, surveyors, buyers, interiors and the construction team.
- Preparation of subcontract tender documents.
- Negotiation of subcontract packages.
- Chairing and preparation of minutes for Subcontract pre-order meetings.
- Preparation of subcontract documentation.
- Subcontract payments, variation claims and final account settlement.
- Coordination with contractors on site.
- Site visits and inspections.
- Liaison with external consultants with regard to cost issues.
- Payment of utility services as required.
- Obtain risk assessments, method statements and safety documentation from subcontractors.
- Preparation of monthly cost reports for submission to Directors.
- Preparation of external valuations for finance reporting and funding agreements.
- Continuous financial advice throughout project to Site Management team.
- Attendance of fortnightly Project Review meetings.
- Ensuring cost control on site throughout the development programme to completion.
- Maintaining site files and records.
- Ensuring correct cost coding of project costs.
- Such other duties, reasonably consistent with the foregoing, as may be required.
The ideal candidate MUST have:
- You will be a driven individual with a working knowledge of JCT forms of contract and have proven cost management and project administration abilities on your own projects.
- You will have residential project experience with a recognised housebuilder.
- Team player.
- Experience of MS Excel and Word is essential and experience of using COINS would be desirable.
If you would like to register your interest, please get in contact with the ACR team on 07852579150.