Assistant Technical Coordinator
ACR are recruiting for an outstanding opportunity for an Assistant Technical Coordinator on behalf of its client; a privately owned, progressive and family orientated residential developer. The rapidly growing business builds a variety of residential led projects operating across the South-East region.
Based at Head Office in Chelmsford and reporting to the Technical Manager; the successful applicant will provide support and assist in the production and approval of comprehensive and accurate technical and design information, by external consultants, to enable the procurement and construction of residential and commercial developments.
The role will be split between office based work and regular site visits. Ideally candidates will possess a 2-3 years’ experience within residential construction and will hold or will be working towards a HND/Construction Degree.
Key Responsibilities as Assistant Technical Coordinator:
- Assist in using external design consultants to produce detailed design package from approved planning drawings within agreed fee budgets and design programmes
- Assist in using specialist consultants to produce site specific advice and information (i.e. soils investigation, Party Wall Act, acoustic survey, etc)
- Review technical and design information for compliance with Client’s requirements, current Building Regulations, NHBC Standards, and relevant BS and AcoPs, and report to Technical Co-ordinator
- Assist in obtaining unconditional consents and approvals from Clients and all statutory authorities and external bodies (i.e. Environment Agency, Local Planning Authority, Building Control, Environmental Health, Highways, Sewer Agency)
- Assist in producing design packages to tender release date, and review for sufficient detail to enable comprehensive tender
- Prepare and submit Building Regulation package and co-ordinate full plans approval, including agreeing requirements and making arrangements for post completion testing
- Prepare and submit NHBC Warranty submission and co-ordinate condition discharge, including agreeing requirements and making arrangements for post completion testing
- Review all design and technical information to ensure accuracy, detail, buildability and value
- Assist Technical Co-ordinator in preparing for and attending internal, client and site meetings
- Assist in mains services enquiries, and the procurement of all mains services diversions, new mains services, plot connections and temporary services
- Understand the duties of the Principal Designer under CDM Regulations and assist the Technical team in fulling those duties
- Provide information for Pre-Construction Information, and continue to provide information as work proceeds for Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan, and collate information for Health & Safety File
- Respond to technical queries from all departments and Group companies
- Liaise closely with all departments and Group companies to ensure full integration of design process within business
This is a fantastic opportunity for any capable Technical professional to join a rapidly expanding developer who can offer a highly competitive salary and flexible benefits scheme, within a family & community orientated environment.