Assistant Site Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Assistant Site Manager to join a highly successful house builder, working for their South Midlands region out of the office in Northampton.
You will assist the Site Manager on a large development in Leighton Buzzard where you will provide a quality product efficiently, safely and professionally; within set budgets and agreed timescales to the company standards. An Assistant Site Manager must be organised, a good team player, focused, able to manage their own time and have a positive attitude.
You will also be responsible for: Trainee Site Assistants, Site Operatives, Forklift Drivers, Maintenance Technicians and Apprentices.
The project is a large traditional build development, consisting of several phases that will be built over the next three years. The successful candidate will be expected to help run the project from Groundworks through to Customer handover.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in delivering projects of a similar nature and scale ideally having worked for a recognised house-builder. Applicants will hold SMSTS, First Aid and CSCS as standard.
This is a great opportunity to join a company with clear career progression opportunities.
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group’s Health, Safety & Environment Policy ‘Roles and Responsibilities’.
- Continuous monitoring of HS&E on the development.
- Ensure that all relevant HS&E paperwork and inspections are completed fully and on time.
- Create a two week programme and communicate to the Trainee Site Assistant along with sub-contractors.
- Ensure all materials are called off in a timely manner.
- Monitor and inspect quality and presentation to ensure that the highest standards are being achieved and encourage continuous improvement.
- Ensure that National House Building Council Key Stage Inspections are being carried out as required.
- Ensure that sub-standard performance is identified and remedied early via training, support (improvement plans) or disciplinary actions as appropriate.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Candidates must be SMSTS, CSCS (Black) and First Aid accredited.
- Will ideally hold a HNC/ONC/Degree in Construction.
- Calm, understanding and empathetic approach to situations.
- Able to delegate work to others through good communication.
- Literate in the use of IT.
- Good level of interpersonal skills.
- Able to plan and organise effectively to meet tight timescales.
- Resilient in the face of challenging situations and deadlines.
- Manages time effectively to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Salary up to £45,000 dependent on experience.
- Car or Car allowance.
- Individual Medical Cover.
- Holidays – 24 days (Increasing every 2.5 years to a maximum of 28 days).
- Training and development.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.