Senior Site Manager
Senior/Site Manager 1 Aylesbury – Traditional build development of family homes.
Our client, need people who can bring us fresh ideas and imagination on one hand, and the commercial ability to manage people, budgets and costs on the other. It is testament to the professionalism of the construction teams that for an unprecedented thirteenth year, Site Managers have won more NHBC Pride in the Job Awards than any other housebuilder.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager you will be responsible for managing the construction of a development, including all associated pre and post housebuilding works, ensuring that targets are met regarding health and safety, delivery to build programme quality, customers care, and cost.
Ensuring compliance on site at all times to the company health and safety standards and processes, NHBC standards, building regulations and overall quality standards.
- Co-ordinating labour and resources on site to deliver the build programme, and to proactively schedule in trades to ensure optimum delivery
Manage material levels on site to ensure the minimum amount of stock but enough to ensure the site programme is met and all labour is efficiently employed.
- Ensuring that all plots are built to the highest standard of quality, complying with the NHBC Standards, Building Regulations, range specifications and best practice.
- Undertaking company directed quality control procedures and inspections at the correct timings, and rectifying any defects so as not to incur additional cost, time delays to the programme, or reduction in the final quality.
- Monitoring and controlling the cost of production, and approving payment to contractors and trades where appropriate.
- Initiating and attending plot inspections with the Local Building Inspector or NHBC, taking corrective action to ensure a minimum of RI’s/BRI’s.
- Carrying out toolbox talks or similar on-site briefings.
- Liaising proactively with other internal departments, externals suppliers and partners to ensure the build programme is achieved
- Working with sales through regular sales/build meetings to ensure a smooth and controlled delivery of homes for customers.
- To deliver a high standard of site presentation at all times.
- Carrying out New Home Tour with the Sales Advisor and customer(s) to give a good demonstration of the home, answering any questions, and rectifying any issues before Legal Completion.
- With the support of the Contracts Manager, ensure that the on-site Construction team is fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the site’s workload and resources.
- Showing a good behavioural example in all aspects of health and safety, organisation, conduct, quality of work, and professionalism.
Company and Benefits
A 5 star house builder ten years in a row for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That’s more than any other major house builder. It’s because they combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. They want the best people in the industry to help them shape the future of building.
They are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. Benefits package:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Single Cover Private Medical Insurance
- Annual Medical Health Assessment
- 25 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies